Monday, August 15, 2016

Hope. Aug 15, 2016

I gave a district class about hope today, and how it relates to faith. It's something I know and I´m pretty sure it was more for me than for anyone in my district. Ether 12:4 says, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

I always thought of this scripture as a scripture about faith. But really I was thinking about how it talks about hope. The Hope is what provides an anchor for souls. Hope is an active thing. We don't just wait. Hope is to believe in the promises of God, and when we complete our part, He does His part. Hope is the way to defeat discouragement. When we are discouraged, we remember our hope. Then we know that we need to work, and everything will get better. God promises us many things. 
Who am I, saith the Lord, to have promised and not to fulfill? 


-- The Church is True, The Book is Blue
Elder Haggard

No comments:

Post a Comment