Sunday, August 28, 2016

Today is Today. And Tomorrow is a Better Today. July 25, 2016

This week was interesting. We now counted with real numbers, and some of the missionaries, better said all, in my district are stressed to have only 6-12 other lessons in the week. 

The other week we found a paintball place. This should be exciting to have an activity. And it will only be about 5-6 dollars to do it. 

I'm doing great with Elder Dominguez. We get along really well and we are excited with the new changes to work hard. 

We had a real ward council yesterday. It was great. We planned things and acted.  We got 37 members to work on the ward list for an hour, cleaning the ward list, visiting all the members of the ward to see if they live there, errors in the membership record and everything. We found over 50 people who don't live in the ward anymore. Cool to see how the ward council can work when we really work.

The other day when someone asked how old am I in the mission, he responded, "Wow, you´re on the last stretch." At first I thought, "Don't say that. That means I'm almost done. I'm on the last curve." But the other day I thought, "What do I do when I'm on the last curve of the race? I sprint." Then I thought, "How can I ´sprint´ for the rest of my mission?" Our mission president gave us the cue: use real numbers. Maybe I was running slower than I could have during the race, but I need to sprint now. So I can say at the end, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." (2 Tim 4:7-8)

I invite all to think: How can I sprint? or maybe just how can I pick up the pace?
That way we can progress. Many might know the phrase, a bishop only really knows how to be bishop when he is released. We have to learn. That way we can be better. Now that I am District leader again, I know how to do it better. I can help more, and I hope to be able to help all people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment