Friday, July 3, 2015

The Deaf will Hear through the Power of God

We found a golden family the other day. I believe they will be baptized by the end of the cycle. In our first lesson we talked about Lehi's dream, and before we explained it the father said "like when I heard your message and wanted my family to hear it too."  They have a perfect desire to hear the gospel, and tonight we will invite them to be baptized. Also a great thing is that the kids will be 8 in August (they are twins), so maybe the dad can baptize them.

There are so many things that I haven't written because they have become normal for me. They are those things that the world would see as coincidences. But we know these things are the influences of God. It is a thing we need to remember, to recognize these "coincidences" as the work of God, to give thanks to Him when these things happen. For example, the things that happen almost daily: investigators arriving just when we arrive; or opening the door just when we thought they weren't there, even though they didn't hear us knocking; Giving just the right pass along card to someone; and many other things.

RIP Electric Razor 12/25/2013 - 6/28/2015 
There was a tragic fall about two weeks ago in which his head was damaged. In this fall, the damage looked to be only external and he still worked well doing all the things he would normally do. But under the surface there was internal damage. His heart did not function the same and led to his death. Yeah, so I don't know how to shave with a normal razor. But I guess I will learn since my electric razor died. 

Yesterday, we were walking down the street and we saw some kids with some fire crackers. They were across the street from the investigators we were going to visit. And when we knocked on the door my comp said, "Watch out!  I turned around to find out they were not firecrackers but they were M80s. I was deaf for a good 10-15 seconds. They had thrown one at us!  How rude. I don't know if I had a righteous fury in my mind or if I had lost the spirit, because I was definitely thinking about scriptures, but I was mad. Ha, First! I believe I am the first of my friends to be physically persecuted.
    
Today we played kickball for our Zone activity and It was very fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment