Monday, July 20, 2015

Dark Streets, Dogs, and Demasiado Rain July 13, 2015

This week we went with the Hermanas in their area to accompany them in their appointments. Because we can't do divisions with them, they usually don't get to have the experience like we Elders do to know other areas and other missionaries' investigators. So that is what we did, we went with them so we had 4 missionaries in the lessons. And for some reason their area gets much much more rain than other areas. It rained a lot, to the point at which, well, my umbrella only helped in keeping my head somewhat dry. With that much water, my waterproofed shoes and bag didn't stand a chance. The bag was better off; it only was a little wet inside. But my shoes, oh my shoes. the waterproofing kind of worked against me. It kept the water in. We were so wet that walking through 4 inch deep puddles wasn't really a problem.  But even before walking through the puddles, my pants were soaked up to the knees. it was pretty cold with the wind and all. Oh yeah when you think of Mexico, you don't think of rain, do ya? Well I do. It rains a lot. Mom, when we checked the weather for here, did it say 15 inches a year, or per week?

Brenda is one of our investigators, that I crossed the street to go contact. She just accepted a date to be baptized, and she has a really strong testimony. She has been going to different churches, searching. A few years ago, she didn't believe in God, but a situation that happened to her made her start to search for God. She went to different churches, but kept thinking "these churches say they follow God, but don´t keep the commandments." When we started to teach her, she came to know that the Book of Mormon is true, and saw that everything we teach is what Jesus taught, and it is all true. She has a really good testimony, but she doesn´t want to lose her family. She really wants to get baptized and so she talked with her family yesterday that she is going to get baptized. I hope it went well. 

Mom, I am eating healthy. This week I bought fruit. So for breakfast I have been having yogurt with banana and granola. Just wanted to let you know.

Beef jerky doesn't exist here. When I said that for the other foods, what I really meant was that they are really really hard to find. But beef jerky, doesn't exist. I realized the other day that I miss it. I dont know why I was thinking about it, but I was.   

I realized that I don't have as much fear as I should. Well I've always kind of known that, but when my companion from Ciudad Juarez, a place Mexicans think is dangerous, is scared of a street, and I am not, I don't know. Maybe it's just that I trust God. Well that, but mostly I don't have much fear. I am not really scared of the dogs, except for the ones that look like bears or wolves. But I whistle a happy tune whenever I am afraid, so no one will suspect I'm afraid.



​Baptized Angel this Sunday. His family doesn't have a Priesthood holder so I baptized him.

Daniel and his family. He got baptized 2 weeks ago, but I just got the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment