Monday, March 7, 2016

A blizzard in Mexico??

Our ward is so great.  From the little I saw from our ward, we work well with the missionaries. I wish every ward was like ours. I have to tell the ward council to assign visiting teachers. And they just started a plan of action. I hope they continue with it.

This week there was a special training on using the Visitors Center. We have a great resource that only a few other missions have.  We got a promise that if we took investigators to the VC this week, they will get baptized. Then we planned to get people there every day. It didn't turn out that way, but we got two families to go.  It was a really great experience.  There are great things that happen through the spirit. There is a key phrase that the Varela family have heard through their lessons. It's interesting because a few missionaries have said this phrase: It's not coincidence that the missionaries have come, that you are here. And all without knowing that this is a key phrase for them because they said it on the day we met them. I feel really great with them. They will be a great family.

This week I went to Polanco. When I went to the offices, one elder asked, "You're going to Polanco? You aren't that old, are you?" Polanco is where immigration offices are. I went to renew my visa. That means I am about to complete one year in the mission. (I know that's not right, but I don't know how to say it in English.)   The cool thing about Polanco is that it is a really rich area. So, it has a bunch of Americans, and American stuff. So, of course, we went to Dairy Queen. And being Mexico, its cheaper. 😎 So I bought a large Blizzard for 3 dollars. Swag. Ahahha, get the title now? And there was an American store called: Super Americano.  I didn't buy anything because I can find pretty much everything in Walmart. Except powdered ranch mix and brown sugar. But seriously when would I use those? (I don't have an oven.)


(
https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/missionary-broadcast/2016/01?lang=eng).   The missionary broadcast if you want to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment