Sunday, April 12, 2015

I'm in Mexico! April 1, 2015

Woo, this is a bit weird, being out in the actual Mexico. My companion is Elder Hernandez. He is a nice, big guy from Cuernavaca, actually kind of close to here. Yesterday was my real first day, but we didn't really do anything. The day before that, I was temporarily with Elder Mollotte and we taught a few people. It was awesome because one of them wanted to get baptized! Yesterday when we got to the apartment, we unpacked, then repacked because Elder Hernandez found a chinche. Chinches are nasty little bugs that lay eggs in your skin. (Mom comment:  I looked it up.  They are bedbugs, an itchy nuisance, but not disease carrying.)  We cleaned the entire apartment. It is a bit stressful beacuse I know little of the language, what to do and other things. Soon I will know these things and it will be excellent. They have a ten cent coin here that is tiny. It's about the size of the pad of my pinky finger. 

​This is a legit coin. 10 cents and it is tiny.

Many things here are different. I wish we had a vacuum to clean with, but some missionaries have it worse. There are a lot of people. I'm kind of worried about understanding people and speaking well, but I know it will get better. 

Our apartment is small, three rooms. It was very dirty when we got there.

The water from the tap is not safe to drink, but we buy water.

Did Josh get his papers in yet? and anyone get a call?

P days are on Monday, but every six weeks, with changes, it's on Wednesday. 

At the mission office, I had to finish my visa papers and get the signature exactly right. And I mean exactly. It took me about twenty tries.

Much love, Ryan

I don't know my address really yet. I am in the V... area, I think.  (Mom comment:  We are not supposed to publicly post names or places.)  It's kinda scary walking around not knowing where I am really, but I will know eventually. I am sitting in a Ciber to email. There were four that we passed to get to this one because they were closed. There are just tons of little shops everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment