Thursday, December 29, 2016

Luz Dec. 6, 2016

SO my sister complained that I didn't write so much, so I'm going to try and write more today.

I am so grateful for all the things I have learned. As we would say, Started from the bottom now we´re here. ðŸ¤— There are many things that my mission president has said to me along the lines of: "Just think of all the things you have done. I want you to see that you started in one place and you have progressed."  And really I have learned a lot.  I have learned things that many people would be surprised with. A lot of people think, oh you learned all the scriptures. nope. I learned the same things we are teaching. Faith. Repentance. Baptism for the Remission of Sins. the gift of the Holy Ghost. Endure to the End. I have really learned what is faith, what is repentance. I have seen my lack of faith. I learned that things I said I had repented of, that really I hadn´t repented. But I have learned. I have become a better person. But as Elder Holland(I think) said, the trick is to not lose the light after the mission.
I wrote a song about this actually. The main phrase is: I came to teach, and ended up being taught. I'll work on it more when I get home to refine the song.

This week wasn't that great in regards to lessons with investigators, but we visited with members to share the Christmas message: Light the World. It is great. I love when we have the holiday pass along cards. Every member we have gone with, we have given them two cards to give to others. Even though it is great to get new investigators, it is about lighting the world making the season bright. in the calendar for 25 ways in 25 days, it says attend a religious service. We need to share the Gospel to everyone. but in the mean time, the best way to be happy is to come closer to Christ. and in the way we do it is the way in which can come closer to God. some ways don't help as much as others but they do help. Be a light! (Sorry Connor i'm copying it. I like it too.)  Help others to be happy!  Ye are the light of the world. A city set upon a hill cannot be hidden. Let your light so shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment