Sunday, September 18, 2016

Zootopia Sep 6, 2016

Today is September. 

This week we had investigators in the church reunions [mom note:  reunion is Spanish for meeting, so obviously Ryan is thinking in Spanish and having to translate to English!] for the first time in a while. And with that, Marta and Flavio have a baptismal date for the 30th! Marta and Flavio are a pair of people that are in union libre (free union?)  [mom note: In English, we say unwed, living together, civil union]  Flavio has dementia, but he remembers enough right now that he remembers the main points of the lessons. (Also because we have reviewed them a few times.) They are really cool, and Flavio is pretty much like a kid. He tells us the same jokes every time, but that kind of makes it funnier. We just need to divorce Flavio from his wife that left him for the problems he had, and marry Marta y Flavio. Easy peasy. 

I love being on the mission. I love meeting people and learning about their lives and how I can help them. I love talking to strangers and finding common interests (mostly Jesus Christ ;)) Hey, who are you? and what have you done with Ryan?!

If anyone is doubting about going on the mission, Go. But do it with heart. There are so many things to learn and to serve. I have learned so many things. I have learned how to talk. I think you guys will be surprised how I have changed, but you will have to see for yourself when I get home.😜 I have been able to change many things for the better. Loving more of myself and the people that surround me. One time an investigator asked us why we kept coming back even though they didn't answer? It's because we love them. We want the best for them, and we know how it can change their lives. We know that they want this. They just don't know it yet. 

Today we went to the Zoo! It's right next to my area, but it's closed on Mondays. But now Pdays are on Tuesday! So we can go to museums and stuff! (I will also be writing on Tuesdays now.)


​When we got close to his enclosure (which was just rope), he came closer to us to take a picture.



Giraffes and the Temple


​There were quite a few animals that we could get really close to.



Jaguar!


​You know how they have those lorikeet enclosures you can enter? They had one but with toucans, tucancitos, and other birds that I don't know what they were. Like this one:



No comments:

Post a Comment