Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Temple is Really Cool


First off, I'm training again! My new Hijo is Elder Nava. This will be short because we literally had 2 hours for P day today. On Saturday, there was an earthquake, probably a 4. I just laughed internally at all the missionaries from Utah that have never experienced an earthquake.

Mexican Independence Day. Yesterday was Independence Day so there were a bunch of fireworks and stuff but mostly M80 types. They are literally gunpowder wrapped in newspaper and a wick. I guess I'm in Mexico. And there have been Mexican flags flying everywhere for the past week, so when it was 9/11, it was weird. I had my own little moment of silence and thought, well, maybe someone here will think, oh, this is the day some planes crashed in the United States, but nothing more. So I had my own little memorial in my mind for respect to the people who died and their families.

Templo. On Sunday was the rededication of the Mexico City Temple, and I got to be in the temple for the first session.  It was really cool because I could feel the difference from when I entered and when I left. Elder Holland and Elder Eyring were there. But I didn't get to shake their hands or anything. Today we went to the temple as a special session of missionaries. It was really nice to be able to enter the temple again. And it is a lot more special than the open house. It was different from the first time, and not only because it was in Spanish. I really liked it.

The Cultural Celebration was really cool. I got to learn some Mexican pioneer history, how the Book of Mormon was translated to Spanish and a lot more cool things. The coolest is that the Book of Mormon is their culture. And when they used the prophecy that the land will bloom like a rose. It was really a cool expereince. Mexico is the Land of the Book of Mormon. I'm going to say it again.  I win for the coolest mission.

Guys. guess what. Guys...I'm district leader.  What¿ Yeah, I'm nervous, but yeah I have been companion of the district leader my whole mission. I kind of knew it was coming. Yeah just keep it on the DL... 

Yeah, I'm terrible.  I know.



Elder Alvarez my fifth companion. And Elder Nava mi segundo hijo.


My chemistry tie

I love you. I love my family. I send Hugs. I loved the temple and I'm really glad I'm here. If grandma hasn't sent the package yet, can you send my necklace too? the whale tail. I don't know.  I want it but I don't want to lose it. If you put Jesus stickers on it it will be safer.

Your son is doing well here in Mexico and loving the Culture. Loving the mission. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment